The MP CI set coupling inductance measurement station is used to determine EMC characteristics of connectors and cables. The coupling inductivity defines the coupling inductance of external disturbances on the shield or on the ground with the desired signals. If the coupling inductivity is considered in the construction set-up and the pin or wire assignment of connectors or cables, then the connectors or cables will be more interference-resistant.
The MP CI set can be used for following measurements at connectors or cables:
- measurement of a single signal (common mode)
- measurement of a symmetrical signal (common mode)
- measurement of a symmetrical signal (differential mode)
Scope of delivery
- 1x P550, Power Injection Probe
- 1x GND 25, Ground Plane
- 1x GNDA 03, Ground Adapter 22.9 mm x 68.3 mm
- 1x KT 102, Contact Table for Probe
- 1x CS-CI, ChipScan Coupling Inductance Software
- 1x Dongle, Licence Dongle
- 1x SMA-SMA 1 m, SMA-SMA Measuring Cable
- 1x SR SMB 10 cm, Semi-Rigid Coaxial Cable
- 1x HCF, High Conductive Fleece
- 1x MP CI case, System Case
- 1x MP CI m, MP CI Set User Manual
Scope of delivery details
The wheeling probe P550 is a component of the coupling inductance measurement setup. The probe contains a RF-compliant 50 Ohm series resistance in the frequency range of 0-3 Ghz. The current runs through the probe into the DUT. This ensures a 50 Ohm termination from the RF-generator to the interface…
The GND 25 ground plane ensures the RF-compatible contacting of the probe during an EMC measurement at a test IC. The GND 25 consists of steel with a gold plated surface. The recess (103 mm x 103 mm) is designed for the placement of GNDA ground adapters (GNDA 01-04) and TEM cell prints (100 mm x 100 mm).
The GNDA ground adapter is designed for the adaption of the test board to the (100 x 100) mm recess of the GND 25 ground plane. The test board is placed into the recess of the ground adapter. According to the size of the test board there are four ground adapters to choose from (GNDA 01-04).